May 11, 2020
On May 7, the Office of the US Trade Representative released a Federal Register notice asking for comments on the petitions submitted for the 2020 GSP Product Review.
The USTR has decided to accept the review of petitions seeking to add or remove products from GSP eligibility for GSP beneficiary countries. The USTR's list of petitions and products accepted for review can be found in the following link: https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/IssueAreas/gsp/2020_GSP_Annual_Review-Petitions_Accepted_for_Review.pdf.
Deadlines for comments and responses are below:
• May 27- 11:59 pm EDT: Deadline for submission of written comments on petitions accepted for the 2020 GSP Annual Product Review.
• June 16- 11:59 pm EDT: Deadline for the GSP Subcommittee to pose questions on written comments.
• June 30- 11:59 pm EDT: Deadline for submission of commenters’ responses to questions from the GSP Subcommittee.
• July 10- 11:59 pm EDT: Deadline for replies from other interested parties to the written comments and responses to questions.
• July 22- 11:59 pm EDT: Deadline for the GSP Subcommittee to pose additional questions on written comments.
• August 5- 11:59 pm EDT: Deadline for submission of responses to any additional questions from the GSP Subcommittee